It has a built-in 8-channel ADC and a programmable DSP which can adapt to different applications such as metering, power protection and Master/Slave configurations.
The PL7211 has a built-in MTP that stores the chip configuration, DSP code and calibration data. It provides an SPI slave interface and can be used for calibration and programming data or DSP code. The MCU can be accessed through the SPI interface.
The PL7211 can diagnose the electricity-related data to identify overloading, short circuit, current leakage and arcing conditions for further power protection features. It also provides a flexible architecture, low system BOM cost and programmable solution, to help manufacturers minimize development efforts and design a versatile and flexible product.
- 2-Channel 24-bit sigma-delta ADC
- Internal 3.3V to 1.8V cap-less LDO
- Internal 1.2V cap-less VREF (w/0.1% accuracy/full temp. range after trim)
- Built-in 1X ~ 32X PGA (w/0.1% accuracy/full temp. range after calibration)
- Internal 16MHz RC OSC (w/0.2% accuracy/full temp. range after trim)
- Internal VDT/POR and temperature sensor
- Built-in FIR filter for each individual channel
- Channel phase alignment
- Programmable 48-bit DSP engine with
- 512×32 program space
- 128×48 data space
- 64×48 output buffer
- Built-in fix point to float-point converter
- 8KB OTP with 2 banks DSP code, DSP CFG and SYS CFG
- SupportsI2C/SPI/UART(UART supports auto baud-rate mode)
- Supports 38KHz IR carrier removed
- Supports up to 9GPIOs which can be directly controlled by DSP
- 5V tolerant I/O
- Small package size: 4x4QFN24