The PL2733 uses OS built-in USB mass storage drivers so no driver installation is needed. The PL2733 can also be configured as a single LUN USB drive using one or two storage media. The PL2733 incorporates JBOD capability that allows you the flexibility to use two storage media and combine their capacity into one fixed logical drive USB flash drive solution.
To save BOM cost, the PL2733 integrates both SuperSpeed transceiver and Hi-Speed/Full-speed transceiver. It also integrates power management components including SD card power regulator, SD interface regulator, and GPIO regulator. It also integrates chip power stability monitors to make sure the controller does not enter an unknown state when system power is unstable. To maximize system compatibility and to integrate more value-added features, the PL2733 can also be upgraded through commodity SPI flash.
- Single-chip SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Storage Controller Solution
- Compliant with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 specification
- Integrated SuperSpeed (5Gbps), Hi-Speed, and Full-speed USB transceiver
- High-performance embedded microcontroller
- Dual-protocol engine
- Supports mainstream cost-efficient storage media: Secure DigitalTM card (SDSC, SDHC, SDXC, up to v3.01 UHS-I SDR104 and compliant with SD5.0 UHS-II SD card) and MultiMediaCardTM (MMC) up to v4.2
- Supports high-performance eMMC of BGA package (up to eMMC 5.0 HS200)
- JBOD capability combines dual storage media capacity into one big capacity USB drive
- Supports USB Mass Storage Class (MSC)
- Bulk-Only Transport Specification. No device driver installation needed.
- Firmware can be upgraded via USB interface using either external SPI flash or storage media (to further reduce PCB footprint and BOM cost)
- Built-in SD card power regulator
- Built-in SD UHS interface power regulator
- Built-in 5V to 3.3V GPIO regulator
- Built-in 5V to core voltage regulator
- QFN48 small-size package
- I2C interface to communicate with Apple® authentication co-processor